Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Murder in Plain Sight by Marta Perry


I bought this book on Friday and had it read by Sunday. Sure, it was an easy and quick read, but there is just something that keeps me interested in the combination between murder and the Amish faith. Kind of morbid, but it's the truth.I didn't realize at the time it was a HQN book, but I was pleasantly surprised that the plot didn't revolve that much about the love story. When an Amish teenager is accused of murdering a young woman, Jessica is selected by her firm to go and defend him. Unlike other novels I have read, the community actually believes that this young man has actually committed the crime. Throughout the book Jessica has to face her growing relationship with Trey, her turbulant career, understanding Amish culture, threats and attacks from someone trying to hide the truth, and the meaning of hex symbols thrown into the mix. This was an intriguing page turner and I look forward to seeing what her other novels have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment