Monday, April 30, 2012

The Total Money Makeover Workbook by Dave Ramsey


My grandmother gave me this book because she thought I could learn a lot about handling money. Now, this is the first book that haven't totally completed that I included for my list. I did like some of the ideas he had, like paying in cash, and his step by step program. I am trying to put those steps to use, and come back to the later ones when I'm ready. You start off with having $1000 in an emergency fund, then you pay off debts excluding your mortgage (I also like his Snowball Effect Idea) and then you go back to your emergency fund until it has enough for 6 months of your pay in case something would happen to your job. To me, this will take a loooong time, and then I was just lost after the fact with all the talk of retirement money and saving for your children. I know I will be concerned about it later but not now. I also wish it would go more in depth because I am a rookie when it comes to a lot of money issues like investments and assets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment