Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



After hearing all the hype about this book from my kids from this year and last year, I finally gave this book a chance. I was not disappointed. It was so enthralling to me that I sat down and read it for a few hours straight. It takes place in the future and the United States has collapsed from disasters like war and famine. It has been replaced by Panem, which is a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year every district must choose a boy and girl between the ages of 12 and 18 to participate in the Hunger Games. This is basically where the 24 unlucky ones literally fight to the death until a winner is left standing, while being televised for entertainment. The main character is Katniss, and she actually fills the spot for her younger sister. During the course of events there are changes in the rules, alliances are formed, and some chances for romance. This book was amazing, and I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy as well as see the movie when it come out in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment