Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson


Finally finished the first book in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series! Probably one of the longest books I ever read, especially since I listened to most of it on audio book. The bad news is that the next two just get longer and longer than the one before. Overall, I thought it was a good read but probably not as good as all the hype has been. I'm not really one for government and techonology conspiracies and this book is full of them. There's so much with the plotline that I honestly don't know where to start. There's the crumble of the career of Mikael Blomkvist, his new assignment to find Harriet who disappeared years before, Lisbeth the investigator/hacker and girl with the tattoos, finding sadistic murders in the Vanger family, and releasing all the investigations in reports. Just as a warning: usually I am not bothered by much but this book has some sadistic scenes that were almost too much to handle. So bad, that I don't know that I will be able to see the movie... which takes a lot for me! Guess we will see what happens in the next two.

No comments:

Post a Comment