Tuesday, March 13, 2012

High Voltage Tattoo by Kat Von D


I really enjoyed this book from Kat Von D. It is set up like her tattoo journals that you would see her writing in on her show LA Ink, which I'm a big fan of. It was interesting to hear more about her background, inspiration, and love for her profession. Not only does she share the story about her tattoos, she goes into detail about some of her bigger pieces and other tattoo artists she admires. To some tattoos are still taboo, but society seems to accept them more and to me it is an intriguing art that few can do. She also had some good advice about how to prepare for your own tattoo, finding your tattoo artist, and how to take care of a new tattoo... which I will keep in mind in case I decide to go through with my tattoo idea if I lose the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment